Friday, June 20, 2008

Mumbai Locals.

Mumbai Local trains are the pulse that drives the city. They are the links that connect people to buisness. More than millions traverse back and forth everday. Most of them without a valid tricket. It's been a sad stroy that more than 70 percent people traverse travel without paying the goverment. I too use the Locals. But the difference is that I pay for every journrey I make. It's been a while now. And I am acquainted with most of the routes, stations and time required to traverse between any two stations.

My experience with locals is quite a remorse. I have lost quite a few things on my way back and forth. Sony ear phones being the most beloved. Others incluse my shades, a scratch on my new cell phone and my piece of mind :(
Travelling hasn't been fun exactly. When it's rush hours, you see myriads of people gushing in and then gushing out of the doors. You have to extremely strong to survive the effects. An average Formula 1 race can exert upto 10 G's max. That means that the driver might fell his weight to be 10 times more than usual. After the race is over, the drivers are exhausted and are in a state of mind thats still racing at 400 kmph. When you travel in Locals, you surely don't travel at 400 kmph, but the whole experience is enough for you to suffer a nausea when you are throttled out of the train with equal forces from all sides.
I got bruised a few times. People have lost more than blood while travelling. They have lost legs, hands, wallet, kids, relatives and ability to think after they travel through one of these creation of cacophony.
I been at one of these trains lately, just had a look up, saw the cieling fan and tube light ... what did u expect, Jack Sparrow ???. The Fan and the Tube lights were working alright. But if you did a carbon dating on the dust thats on the fans and the ligths, you will find that they are exactly one year old. The reason I say this is that these poor government equipments are washed and maintainted only on Diwali. Look for yourself.


Before Diwali !!!




And this is after Diwali :






This post looks like one of those TeleShopping TeleBrands kinds. But it is the truth. It's good that they atleast clean and maintain the trains once a year, but the sad part is that local trains are major part of the equation. Equation that balances Mumbai for the better. And the locals are not maintained to the level required. The Level that will make mumbai a place to live and survive. Not even thinking about world class standards that they are trying to aim in 2020.

6 comments:

CRD said...

woaah.that was some effort man! how on earth were you able to get those pics clicked?? i mean, when i'm in the trains,i'm never able to find my own hand, leave alone my cellphone[:p]

well, our politicians did'nt lie when they promised to make a Shanghai of Mumbai. It's just that they did'nt specify that they meant 'Ancient Shanghai'.[:p]

Nice post. Keep writing

Chris
TransUnion Data, pehchaana?
heres mine- www.crissdude.blogspot.com

xsystem said...

lolz ... dude ... u really got that sense of humor i was always looking out for.

Anonymous said...

heh.. a nice post..

btw, thanks for ur comment.. i'm not into poetry as such.. but i can try my hand there..

Unknown said...

Do you wish to boost your online earnings..If yes then visit my blog..

Ashish
http://cooladvertisements.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Mumbai locals seems to be the hot topic amongst the bloggers..

I shall hold my tongue until I get a chance to travel in em. Until then, Keep posting!!!

Rinzu said...

Thnaks for the insight..!!!

mumbai is the next destination for me...!!!

:(

hoping this insight is helpful...!!!